Saving McClainJune 15, 2020
Dog Star Rescue is so excited to be able to hold in-person adoption events once again. Our volunteers have been working tirelessly over the last few months to keep up with an unprecedented amount of adoption inquiries, applications, new volunteers and more. In-person adoption events give potential adopters the ability to meet many of the available dogs we have in our rescue so that we can make the perfect match. To comply with current State of Connecticut regulations in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, our events will have a few notable changes, so please read the below carefully.
Before an event
Before you come to an adoption event, we always ask that you complete our adoption application online. This will allow us to gather important information about you that is required for us to screen our potential adopters. You will need to be pre-approved before you can go home with a new furry best friend. If you attend an event and you haven’t been pre-approved, you can fill out an adoption application online at the event on your own phone. Ipads will unfortunately not be available for public use.
At an event
Please note the following new rules for our adoption events:
- Masks will be mandatory for volunteers and potential adopters. Please bring your own mask and wear properly over your mouth and nose until you are safely in your vehicle.
- As with all events, each adoptable dog will have a single volunteer handler who will be at least six-feet apart from other handlers.
- There will be no more than 20 dogs in attendance. For events at our headquarters (12 Tobey Road, Bloomfield, CT), up to 10 dogs and their handlers will be posted in the front play park, and the other 10 and their handlers will be in the wood-chipped area behind the building.
- Current Connecticut guidelines allow for up to 50 people at an outdoor gathering. This means that we will need to restrict the number of volunteers and potential adopters at the event simultaneously. A DSR volunteer will be placed in the front and back of our building to ensure we are following this guideline, so please be respectful of their role and these rules.
- More information about each dog is available on our website but we will not be able to provide printed material about each dog because of guidelines around printed material.
We are so excited to be able to see you at our events and want to make sure that we keep everyone safe and that we get our rescue dogs to the loving homes and new lives they deserve. We appreciate your cooperation.