Tips for Teaching Leash Walking: Look & Touch TechniqueJanuary 31, 2021
Crate Training an Adult DogFebruary 8, 2021
Adopted puppies don’t come house trained but with some tips and tricks, you will be able to house train your puppy in no time.
How often do they need to go out?
- At 2 months, bring them outside every 2-3 hours.
- Every additional month you can add 1 hour to this
- By 6 months, they should be able to hold it for 6-8 hours but remember that accidents will occur
Take outside after the following:
- Right after Meals
- Immediately after sleeping
- After playing
Praise – never punish
- Don’t forget to praise them for pottying outside!
- Never punish your puppy for a potty accident. If you didn’t see it happen it is too late to punish the puppy. If you do see it happening calmly but firmly say “HaHA!” and immediately take the puppy outside.