We are so excited to announce that we are once again returning to in-person adoption events.
What to Expect
- We will have many adoptable dogs available for immediate adoption to pre-approved adopters who are a match for that dog.
- If you hope to adopt a dog the day of the event, all members of your household (including resident dogs) must be in attendance.
- Families whose adoption application is in-progress are welcome to come, but we cannot guarantee that you will be able to adopt until the approval process is complete.
- Families who haven’t yet completed an adoption application should begin here: http://bit.ly/DSRPreApproval (processing can take 7+days).
- If you aren’t yet approved to adopt with us and have owned a dog/cat in the last 3 years, please bring ALL vet records with you to the event. Depending on our availability, we might be able to begin the pre-approval process at the event.
Safety is a top priority
- Masks are required (over your mouth and nose) and social distancing rules are in effect.
- If you, or a member of your home, are feeling unwell or have been exposed to COVID-19 and/or are currently quarantining, we ask that you stay home.
- In order for us to complete adoption paperwork on-site, adopters are required to have their own smart device that can accept emails. Adoption fees must be paid by debit or credit card.
Where are the events?
- Most adoption events are at our headquarters (12 Tobey Road in Bloomfield, CT). Please review the specific event details on Facebook or our website, as some events are at other locations.
- The event space is outdoors, so please dress accordingly. Potential adopters will not be allowed inside our building unless directed to enter by a DSR volunteer.
If you have questions about a specific dog prior to the event, or about the event, please direct your questions to email@example.com.