Attend our weekly adoption events!
We are very excited to be able to place our adoptable dogs into the best forever homes for them, and want to make sure you come to our events fully prepared.
What to Expect
- We will have many adoptable dogs available for adoption to pre-qualified adopters who are a match for that dog.
- If you hope to adopt a dog the day of the event, all members of your household (including resident dogs) must be in attendance.
- Families whose adoption application is in-progress are welcome to come, but we cannot guarantee that you will be able to adopt until the approval process is complete.
- Families who haven’t yet completed an adoption application should begin here: http://bit.ly/DSRPreApproval.
- If you aren’t yet approved to adopt with us and have owned a dog/cat in the last 3 years, please bring ALL vet records with you to the event. Depending on our availability, we might be able to begin the pre-qualification process at the event.
- All events are outdoors and happen rain or shine. Please come prepared based on the weather.
- Any last-minute event-specific communication will happen through Facebook and Instagram so be sure to follow us.
Safety is a top priority
- The health and safety of our adopters, and volunteers have been our top priority throughout the pandemic.
- Mask policies:
- Outdoor events: Weather permitting, we try to hold our adoption events outdoors. For those that are fully vaccinated, masks are not required. For those that aren’t vaccinated, a mask is required and must be worn properly (over your mouth and nose). Please remember that some people attending our outdoor events may choose to continue wearing a mask, even if they are fully vaccinated. Our policies are in accordance with CDC requirements – which may change at any time.
- Indoors at our events: Masks will be required whether you are vaccinated or not. This is for everyone’s safety and in in accordance with local guidelines.
- For now, we ask that all people attending a Dog Star Rescue event have a face covering with them regardless of vaccination status. If you are working in close proximity to someone and they ask you to wear a face covering, we ask that you respect their request and put on a mask. Our volunteers will also do the same for any person attending our events.
- We will also continue to ask that anyone who is not feeling well to please refrain from attending an event.
Where are the events?
- Most adoption events are at our headquarters (12 Tobey Road in Bloomfield, CT). For you beer fans, our headquarters are next to Thomas Hooker Brewery! Please review the specific event details on Facebook or our website, as some events are at other locations.
- We post our event calendar on Facebook a few weeks ahead of time too, so be sure to follow us!
As always, if you have any questions, please direct your questions to email@example.com. We are so excited to help you along your dog adoption journey, and thank you for considering working with us!