Guidelines and Requirements for Adoption with Dog Star Rescue
Dog Star Rescue is looking for long-term forever homes for our well-deserved pups. Our goal is to place dogs in their new home as quickly as a great match is found. You should complete and submit the Adoption Application as soon as you are ready to bring a dog into your home. By doing so, you can become “pre-approved” and will be ready to take home that special dog as soon as you find him/her.
The pre-approval process:
- Our adoption process starts with completion of our adoption application.
- Our adoption process also includes a vet reference check, interview, home visit and/or meet and greet with family members
- If you already have other animals in the home and have picked the perfect pet for you, we also require a pet meet and greet so we can ensure that we feel the pets will love each other as much as you love them.
- The pre-approval process can take 7+ days so we appreciate you understanding that our dedication to being thorough is so that we can ensure our dogs go to the best homes for them. The pandemic has cause a huge uptick in application volume and we are all volunteers - so we sincerely appreciate your patience during this process. We promise it will be worth the wait!
- Our adoption fee is $550 for puppies (4 months and younger), $250 for senior dogs (7 years and up) and $450 for all other dog ages. If you are a U.S. veteran, we have a special Dog Stars 4 Vets program just for you.
- If you are ready to adopt, please complete the Adoption Application.
What to expect
While this may seem like a lot to go through, we try our very best to match the right type of dog with the right family.